I’m sure I’m not the only one having trouble keeping up with the level of incompetence and focus on personal power that seems to be driving the Brexit debate into the depths of despair!
It really is a joke and yes, we really are a laughing stock. The latest debacle on last Monday evening when a series of propositions were supposed to enable progress to be made, under parliament’s control (as opposed to Theresa’s that is) produced sod all – well apart that is from a lot of additional media coverage for a host of losers – sorry MPs!
Even better they managed to reject 4 of them again – on the following Monday evening.
What is it with this lot? We know that the majority of them are #Remainers (and so they bloody ought to be – as should any sane human being FFS!) but even so why can’t they just agree on something so we can get on with it, and remove all this uncertainty?
..and Theresa is thinking of having a 4th attempt..has the world gone stark raving mad?
So in the best interests of everyone here’s one last poll – please vote – although what were those famous quotes about voting?
- “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
- “Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.”
- “I have an idea about voting, how about on every ballot we include “None of the above”. People may laugh at that, but what that is, it is a vote of no confidence in your government and I’m willing to bet that in some elections, ‘None of the Above’ would win. Imagine if you won the election but lost to ‘None of the Above’. Wouldn’t that make you re-think your positions?”
- “Free citizens of the United Kingdom can apparently vote for clowns, but not vote (dressed) as them.”
- “If voting changed anything, it would be made illegal.”― Robert S. Borden
- “…they say if you don’t vote, you get the government you deserve, and if you do, you never get the results you expected.”
OK that’s enough – just vote!!