Well as some of you will no doubt already know I’ve had a few run ins with Scottish Power and here as well – dear god they are really shite at this CRM stuff you know. It’s not just me that thinks that way either…
Well the saga continues. Clearly my letter to Lynda Clayton back in 2015 hasn’t worked – after all she’s still the Customer Services Director – how did that happen!!
Despite changing to a new provider a year ago I am still having to deal with their inability to do several things you would think a large company might have got sorted by now:
- Communicate with me via a channel which I can easily reply to them via – “email@example.com” is not good.
- Stop asking me to log into my account to read a message when the system doesn’t allow me to set up an online account in the first place because I have 2 meters at my property – a night storage one and a general electricity one. I was promised that this would have been sorted almost 18 months ago…..nada!
- Calculate my bill properly – in the past year, since I have switched provider, I have had 3 separate and completely different “final” bills – they varied by 300%! Interestingly the last one was the highest one!
- Respond to emails and tweets I manage to send to them promptly – the last email has still not been responded to and the most recent tweets has taken about 9 days to be answered.
- Don’t expect me to be left hanging on the phone for over 30 minutes while I wait for one of their operators to get round to talking to me – if my call WAS important you’d answer faster! Too many calls? Get more operators FFS – or improve your service!
I could go on but I thought I’d just copy and paste their most recent threat – note that it ignores any communication I have had with them – CRM – it’s supposed to be multi-channel you muppets!
Is this acceptable behaviour from a large company? I wonder what the board of directors would think about it?
The Board of Directors is currently made up of the following directors:
|Title||Type Of Director|
|Mr. Ignacio S. Galán||Chairman||Non-Independent, Non-Executive|
|Lord John Kerr of Kinlochard GCMG||Vice Chairman||Independent, Non-Executive|
|Mr. José Miguel Alcolea||Member||Non-Independent, Non-Executive|
|Mr. José Sáinz Armada||Member||Non-Independent, Non-Executive|
|Mr. Juan Carlos Rebollo||Member||Non-Independent, Non-Executive|
|Ms. Susan Deacon||Member||Independent, Non-Executive|
|Mr. Keith Anderson||Chief Corporate Officer||Non-Independent, Executive|
|Sir Tom Farmer CBE||Member||Independent, Non-Executive|
|Professor Sir Jim McDonald||Member||Independent, Non-Executive|
The Secretary of the Board of Directors is Ms. Marion Venman.
Perhaps it’s time to raise another complaint with OfGen or maybe add some more pithy comments to the Scottish Power Facebook page – yeah they don’t respond to them either. Twitter? Well this post will end up on my Twitter feed and I know they’re monitoring it – perhaps they’ll respond – who knows – they clearly don’t care – except about getting money and threatening customers….
I’d quite like to see them here….
Oh and here’s the
letter threat…sorry it’s an email!!
From: Scottish Power [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 26 January 2016 04:03
Subject: ***SPAM*** Make your final payment to avoid charges and credit default
But what I’d just like to say to Scottish Power is this…..