- Luis Suarez had not “fully appreciated the gravity and seriousness of this truly exceptional incident” say the Football Association’s Independent Regulatory Commission when describing why the player received a 10-game ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic.
- The three-man panel added that the severity of the punishment was in order to send out “a strong message that such deplorable behaviours do not have a place in football”.
- They also said the FA had a “duty to discourage any players at any level from acting in such a deplorable manner”.
- @FA claim that they didn’t look at Suarez’s previous record in issuing the 10 game ban. So why so harsh?
- @mrdananwalker of the BBC says – So #Suarez panel didn’t consider previous offences but still banned him for 10 games. Doesn’t reflect well on FA process or #LFC defence.
- According to the FA – The FA claimed Suarez bit Ivanovic to a) hurt him, b) try and get him to retaliate and so get sent off – really?
Wow clarity of thought and direction – just what we have come to expect fom the FA – NOT!!!